<  General Label info  ~  Welcome (post bugs here too)

JR
Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:34 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Site Admin
Hi everbody and welcome to the new forum.

there are still some stuff that needs to be tweaked and mangled with, so give us a break Smile But please spam all your error encounters here please. So far i'm aware of the alternate look the page gets in IE. File attachments should work fine... but i've restricted the max filesize to 2MB... everything above goes via the FTP

if anyone would like an [yourname]@illphabetik.com email forwarded to their own gmail/hotmail/yahoomail/whatever. PM me with the information i need.

---------------------------------
---> LIST OF MALFUNCTIONS:
---------------------------------
* Strange blue links in "view more emoticons" and "post preview"
* Sometimes in firefox (so far only on my workstation) the text "vituel & jr live..." drops down aprox 200 pixels in the gallery. Plz people with firefox try if this is the case at your computers too.
* Color difference between the top menu background and the site below bg. (hard to see on crap monitors)
* Bots are allready going crazy here.
* Image Attachments on forum don't auto resize (partly fixed)
* Filesize for the releases
* In Profiles, it sorts differently for names with capitol letters. -> see meconium at the bottom!
* Gallery
* Show the latest release at default instead of the first in the release section

Last edited by JR on Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:29 pm; edited 17 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Thye
Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Level 1 freak (n00b) Level 1 freak (n00b)
Joined: 18 Sep 2006 Posts: 19 Location: The Hague, Netherlands
BIG up-biggins! the new site looks bloody fantabulous!! Very Happy
nais
Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Level 8 freak (h4x0r) Level 8 freak (h4x0r)
yep yep yep!! It's fucking 1337! Me like soooooo much!
Peter Z
Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Level 4 freak (novice) Level 4 freak (novice)
wut wuuut
Niels Frisk
Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Level 2 freak (trainee) Level 2 freak (trainee)
I fucking LOVE the new design!

A couple of things irritate me though: Automatic log in doesn't seem to work and new posts aren't marked..
paccer
Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Site Admin
Not sure if this is the right place to say this - Or if starting a new thread would be more correct to do...

You still havent sent out a post about the new site, on the mailinglist..

Also - Do i have to join the mailinglist again, or was the old mailinglist moved to this new site?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
headphone inc.
Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Level 3 freak (rookie) Level 3 freak (rookie)
hi
congrats with the new site,looks awesome
DeadUglyKid
Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:07 pm Reply with quote
n00b Joined: 16 Sep 2006 Posts: 370 Location: Arkham Asylum
JR wrote:

there are still some stuff that needs to be tweaked and mangled with, so give us a break Smile But please spam all your error encounters here please. So far i'm aware of the alternate look the page gets in IE. File attachments should work fine... but i've restricted the max filesize to 2MB... everything above goes via the FTP .

I dont know if this is an error, i just think its strange, on your mp3 releases the albums is classified either as ILL003 or ILLEP003 and trough these classifications there are overlapping numbers as them i mentioned before(ILL003 "The Amenathon" & ILLEP003 "Respiratory Distress"), so whats the diffrence?
Niels Frisk
Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Level 2 freak (trainee) Level 2 freak (trainee)
DeadUglyKid wrote:
so whats the diffrence?

Albums and EPs..
JR
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:22 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Site Admin
Niels Frisk wrote:

A couple of things irritate me though: Automatic log in doesn't seem to work and new posts aren't marked..

im aware of this, and believe me it irritates me to... it worked fine until i redirected the dns... i think i know why give me some time... i had to log in two times when i first visited the forum on the illphabetik.com/forum
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
JR
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:26 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Site Admin
Niels Frisk wrote:

i think its fixed now Laughing
JR
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:33 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Site Admin
paccer wrote:

Also - Do i have to join the mailinglist again, or was the old mailinglist moved to this new site?

First of all i don't think it's high prioity, second of all i only just fixed the dns like 20 hours ago (can take up to 48hours to fully work), third of all meconium manages the newletter, fourth of all No i will import the old mailinglist database, fifth of all, and this one goes out to meconium, the old mailinglist admin function propably don't work anymore so wait a bit until i say GO! Razz
JR
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:37 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Site Admin
DeadUglyKid wrote:
JR wrote:

there are still some stuff that needs to be tweaked and mangled with, so give us a break Smile But please spam all your error encounters here please. So far i'm aware of the alternate look the page gets in IE. File attachments should work fine... but i've restricted the max filesize to 2MB... everything above goes via the FTP .

I dont know if this is an error, i just think its strange, on your mp3 releases the albums is classified either as ILL003 or ILLEP003 and trough these classifications there are overlapping numbers as them i mentioned before(ILL003 "The Amenathon" & ILLEP003 "Respiratory Distress"), so whats the diffrence?

it's not an error just you being dumb Laughing Laughing Laughing ...
no here is the explanation:
wikipedia wrote:
Extended play (EP) is the name typically given to vinyl records or CDs which are too long to be called singles but too short to qualify as albums. Usually, an album has eight or more tracks (anywhere between 2580 minutes), a single has one to three (515 minutes), and an EP four to seven (or around 1525 minutes).
broch
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:16 am Reply with quote
Level 1 freak (n00b) Level 1 freak (n00b)
looks great..!
meconium
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:30 am Reply with quote
Level 5 freak (scholar) Level 5 freak (scholar)
JR wrote:
paccer wrote:

First of all i don't think it's high prioity, second of all i only just fixed the dns like 20 hours ago (can take up to 48hours to fully work), third of all meconium manages the newletter, fourth of all No i will import the old mailinglist database, fifth of all, and this one goes out to meconium, the old mailinglist admin function propably don't work anymore so wait a bit until i say GO! Razz

Right... how about the news post function on the front page - is it still the same? I mean - peeps should be advised not to sign up again and stuff.