<  General tips and tricks  ~  Wireless Midi

rawclaw
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:49 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Site Admin
well... I dint state that I made it up myself.. I learned it from a book, just like wiki and answers did (i hope). Still we use the same explanation.. I did it cause it was easy and I figured you'd get that explanation. Plus I know that its true so Im not copying some bullshit just an explanation..
Now please tell me why what u did isn't being petty. When you google a phrase I write to see if I wrote it myself :/)
I just hope you do the same in other situations like when wiki writes something.. Then you dont belive them and you seek information in books??
It that how you do / Or do you belive it cause its written on a "BIG" page!!
I would never copy paste something that I wasnt sure was true and I would never belive some crappy homepage - I have my books from school Wink Wink Wink

http://www.answers.com/topic/daisy-chain wrote:
MIDI devices are usually designed to be wired in a daisy chain. It is normal for a device to have both an OUT port and a THRU port and often both can be used for chaining. The OUT port gives a completely regenerated signal and may add, remove, or change messages, but introduces some delay in doing so. The THRU port provides a minimally delayed (only electrical amplification and opto-isolation) copy of the signal but suffers from asymmetry due to the opto-isolator distorting the signal with each item in the chain. If the chain is long enough, it will be distorted so much that the system will become unreliable or completely non-functional. Due to the above issues with both types of chaining, a variety of MIDI devices that take one input and split it to many outputs have appeared on the market.

Here is my explanation then (optocoupler/opto-isolator)
To avoid ground loops, all Midi interfaces are electrically isolated. The optocoupler is used for isolation.
The optocoupler translates the analog input voltage into into light and
then translates the light-signal back to electrical-signal.
This is so no direct electrical connection is present..
Get it Laughing
rawclaw
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Site Admin
blabla rawclaw you are so blablagay..
Don't listen to me going blablabla

Were moving offtopic with this shit..
JR
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:30 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Site Admin
yeah we are... but thanks. Actually i found the similarity by coincidence when i looked it up myself.

about the wikithing ----> Actually aproved wikipedia stuff, is only aproved when it's as true as looking it up in a ordinary encyclopedia... you can then discuss how true a encyclopedia is... but that is not the best method for staying on topic.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number