<  General Label info  ~  Last.fm (once again)

broch
Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Level 1 freak (n00b) Level 1 freak (n00b)
Im making this new thread, to clear things up a bit. I have made a shared account for illphabetik. imo you can just delete the old post.

I will post some information here what to do if you want to upload your releases.

Make sure that:

All tracks you want uploaded is 128kbps Constant Bit Rate MP3s, encoded at 44.1Khz Frequency and in either Stereo or Joint Stereo Mix.

That all your files are tagged correctly (ID3 tags). You can get a tool called tag&rename to do the job for you here: http://www.softpointer.com/tr.htm

When that is done, connect to their ftp. Here some instructions given by last.fm:

To start uploading your release to Last.fm
    Using your FTP client, log into ftp.last.fm on port 21 with using your Last.fm username and password. (ask me)
    (If you are having problems connecting, ensure that your FTP client is set to both PASV and Binary modes)

You must now create a directory to upload your new release into. You should give this directory the same name as your release.
    This newly created directory is where you should upload that album's mp3 files. If you upload the MP3 files in the wrong location, they may not appear on the Waiting Imports page correctly.
    Once your release is uploaded, go to the Waiting Imports page to begin Importing.

The upload might fail, so double check that all your albums mp3's are in the directory you uploaded them to.

The "waiting imports page" referred to in the instruction can be found on the last.fm page. You dont need to do that, i will check back now and then, and see if there should be uploaded any new releases.

Username: illphabetik
You can get the password from me, if you pm me.

If you're lost, then just ask, i'll guide you through.
JR
Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:22 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Site Admin
cool! great guide... so people are responsible for getting their own releases on there right?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
broch
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Level 1 freak (n00b) Level 1 freak (n00b)
they sure are. But people are welcome to upload others as well. I will do that from time to time..