<  General Label info  ~  REQUEST: Vinyl

JR
Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Site Admin
This is a request. Anyone with info regarding vinyls... plz share a bit of your wisdom. I have a bunch of questions:

What is the special dj records that don't last long called? whitelabel?What does it cost?. can anyone get the records out to dj's in denmark, but also other places? I know its cheaper to get real vinyl pressings from ukraine or wherever the country was. But if we are only talking about 20-30 pieces of the low quality pressings, where can you get it done..... please supply me with inf0 plz omg lol!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
choplifta
Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Level 4 freak (novice) Level 4 freak (novice)
What is the special dj records that don't last long called? dubplate

i think 20-30 units is too low a count to get pressed... it will be expensive as hell
nais
Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Level 8 freak (h4x0r) Level 8 freak (h4x0r)
the more pressings the merrier.
Whitelabels are just vinyls without label-design. You often see single/promo-vinyls with a white piece of label in the middle with black marker-writing on... So it's just a matter of design on the middle label. And it is off coarse cheaper to make vinyl-pressings without label printings! I also know a couple of dj's that might be interested in some hard-as-hell-breakcore on vinyl!
JR
Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Site Admin
nais wrote:
Whitelabels are just vinyls without label-design. You often see single/promo-vinyls with a white piece of label in the middle with black marker-writing on... So it's just a matter of design on the middle label.

IN YA FACE LISBENT!!!!! the good lissy actually convinced me that an ATR whitelabel i bought from the us a long time ago was a "dubplate" .... EAT your hat dude

nais wrote:

I also know a couple of dj's that might be interested in some hard-as-hell-breakcore on vinyl!

cool!!! i promised the manager to find out how much it would cost to make em.... maybe the with the ones interested we could make some ill dubplates... pay in and get our music played by dj's
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
choplifta
Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:19 pm Reply with quote
somebody in copenhagen got the vestax cutter... thats like cutted in vinyl instead of that thin gone in 60 seconds dubplate shit
broch
Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Level 1 freak (n00b) Level 1 freak (n00b)
cutting records is extremely expensive..
choplifta
Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:32 pm Reply with quote
might be but dubplates gets cutted too... pressing is even more expensive du to fabrication of matrices... just check these prices for ref. http://www.duophonic.de/index.php?price_list_vinyl_cutting
choplifta
Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:41 pm Reply with quote
http://www.myownrecord.nl/EN/HTML/index2.html

http://www.dubplates.be/

http://www.vinylcarvers.com/store/ this one looks cheap and cool and its real cutted vinyl too
JR
Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:12 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Site Admin
the first one on duophonic seems to be the cheapest. also this nice little thing:
duophonic wrote:
We cut vinyl records directly into PVC, which is the same material a ‘standard’ record is pressed into. They are just as well durable and are – in contrast to conventional dubplates that are cut into acetate discs - preeminently suitable for scratching. A dubplate has a durability of over 80 play-backs. Our records are as durable as pressed vinyls and can be cut up to 6dB and thus achieve higher sound levels and intensities than pressed vinyls.

but it's still not cheap. 10 pieces (12" 24minutes total) for 300 euro... thats 2200kr split 4-ways thats 550kr from each person
broch
Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:29 am Reply with quote
JR wrote:

but it's still not cheap. 10 pieces (12" 24minutes total) for 300 euro... thats 2200kr split 4-ways thats 550kr from each person

do you have plans for making a vinyl release?
JR
Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:56 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Site Admin
i just thought of it to hand out to dj's
wood @mmo/træmunition
Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:47 am Reply with quote
Level 2 freak (trainee) Level 2 freak (trainee)
dubplates are heavier and made from different material (lak! )- there is this DIY thing on c8s forum - i guess there´s info on vinyl there aswell...

i think its an idea with the give away to djs - but thinking of the cost i would af to say that some sort of real mastered cd comp would be a better promotion tool than this- imo

or we could do a split with another small label like here´s my card or devil music or sumting...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DeadUglyKid
Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:26 pm Reply with quote
n00b Joined: 16 Sep 2006 Posts: 370 Location: Arkham Asylum
wouldnt do it before you have contatcs with at least a couple of Dj´s, u still have an compelation out and i dont know how its selling, my shot would be that you should try the radios and advents at first, then cocentrate on the Dj´s, its lot easier if people have heard about you at first.
JR
Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:44 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Site Admin
agreed agreed... it was also meant as a future project. Lets se how the cd sells.
mindkontrolultra
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:11 am Reply with quote
I DO BELIEVE DUBPLATES ARE PRESSED ON ACETATE

LIK 78 RPM RECOORDS